Thursday, May 10, 2012

Words. (A Performance Piece)

Words. words words words words words words words.
Words across paper, across pavement, spilling through my mind like water gushing over rocks in steams, words that the moment I think of them they’re vanishing down a slippery slope of no return where nothing is eloquent and ignorance is bliss and
.
……Silence.
.
Silence radiating through my mind, this room, this planet. so deep is this silence that I still manage to find noise everywhere. Seeping into silent conversations that don’t make sense, seeping into my every thought and making me feel those words again. Fear, happiness, doubt, rage. Words that lose their meaning in that spiraling circle of silence and words and suddenly I find myself
.
……….Lost.
.
Lost, meaningless, I’ve thrown myself into that sneaky hate spiral of silence and words and I’ve got to remind myself to take my medicine but the pills have dried up in exchange for these words “Write poetry instead of pills, Amanda.” But these words are useless to find my way out if the words are silent and don’t make sense and just get me lost in the first place but it always comes back to
.
…………Words.

No comments:

Post a Comment